Summertime and the livin’ is easy! Wildwood is about to explode with travelers wanting to relax and spend time in the hot sun and cool ocean water! The population can swell to nearly 250,000 people during the summer months! Wildwood, New Jersey is one of the top vacation destinations for family’s because there is literally something for everyone here!
The biggest plus for me is that has a resort right in Wildwood! ‘Esplanade Suites’ is only about a 5-minute walk from the start of the boardwalk, near the famous ‘Wildwoods’ sign! We load up the wagon and take a nice stroll to the boardwalk for the day. We used to have to pay for parking, but now we can simply walk to the fun and excitement.
I have gone to Wildwood for the past two years, and this will be my third year in a row visiting. I really enjoy Wildwood because the people are so friendly and easy going. The town has an old-time charm to it, and it feels a little like home. There is still a lot to do, but it is more family oriented and relaxing. I like the slow pace of things rather than the hustle and bustle.
The Wildwood boardwalk is the best boardwalk I have ever been to because there are different piers to enjoy. If you want to go to an aquarium, water park or amusement park, this boardwalk has it! If you’re hungry or thirsty, there are tons of different restaurants and shops to enjoy. Don’t forget to stop and sample some fudge at the ‘Fudge Kitchen’ and real saltwater taffy at ‘Douglass Fudge!’
Of course, the summer is the most popular time to vacation. There are lots of festivals, shows, concerts and events held at the Wildwoods Convention Center this time of year. You can find something new to do each and every day during the summer. Wildwood hosts more than 180 special events each year, check some out below! June starts the ‘Friday Night Fireworks on the Beach!’ If you want to check out things happening in the Wildwoods area during the Spring season, check out the Sundance Vacations ‘Spring in Wildwood’ blog!
|06/21/2019||FIRST DAY OF SUMMER|
|06/21/2019-06/23/2019||North Wildwood Italian-American Festival|
|06/22/2019-06/23/2019||New Jersey Truck Invasion|
|06/23/2019-08/25/2019||Fox Park Amphitheater Concerts|
|06/24/2019||Downtown Wildwood Monday Night in The Plaza ~ NEW!|
|06/24/2019-08/25/2019||Wildwood Talent Showcase|
|06/25/2019-08/20/2019||Tuesday Night FREE Movies in the Plaza|
|06/26/2019-06/26/2019||Wildwood Crest Summer Music Series|
|06/27/2019||Downtown Wildwood Music in the Plaza|
|06/28/2019-08/23/2019||Friday Night Fireworks on the Beach|
|06/29/2019-06/30/2019||Cape Express Beach Blast Soccer|
|06/29/2019-07/02/2019||Youth for Christ Heatwave|
|05/26/2019-09/01/2019||Sunrise on Sunday Veteran Flag Service|
JULY SUMMER EVENTS
|09/01/2019||Wildwood Block Party & Music Festival
|09/02/2019||LAST DAY OF SUMMER
Are you planning your first vacation to Wildwood, New Jersey this year? There are many different ‘Things to do in Wildwood and Cape May!’ Your family will love you if you plan a ‘Wildwood Family Vacation’ because there are many ‘Great Family Attractions’ to enjoy. There is literally something for everyone here! “Go Ahead, Getaway!”
Wildwood Fun Facts
1. “Wildwoods” is a term used to bring the four Wildwood communities together. They are Wildwood Crest, the City of Wildwood, the City of North Wildwood and the Borough of West Wildwood.
2. Wildwood beach is growing at a rate of 100 feet a year and is one of the ONLY places on the East Coast where the shoreline is not shrinking!
3. In 2008-2009, a section of the boardwalk had to be rebuilt using Ipe tropical hardwood, instead of the environmentally friendly black locust wood.
4. Access to Wildwood beaches is FREE all year long!
5. The Wildwood Boardwalk has more rides and attractions than ‘Disneyland’ and has more places to eat than the ‘Mall of America’.
6. Did you know your friends and family can watch you visit the famous ‘Wildwoods’ sign in live time? They have a camera watching the sign 24 hours a day! Check out the link here!
7. A replica of the ‘Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall’ can be found at ‘Fox Park’, adjacent from the Wildwoods Convention Center. ( Between Burk and Montgomery Ave) The wall stretches 240 feet long and has 58,913 names of our country’s fallen heroes from the Vietnam War etched on black granite. ( The original can be found in Washington D.C.)
8. The Wildwood board walk is made of more than 70,000 wooden planks and stretches just over two miles!
9. Some might be surprised to learn that ‘Wildwood Crest’ is a dry town. You can bring alcohol in, but they do not sell it anywhere.
10. Wildwood is home of the beverage known as the ‘Lime Rickey’.
For more information, updates, travel tips and news from Sundance Vacations, be sure to follow us on the following social media outlets:
• Sundance Vacations Facebook
• Sundance Vacations Twitter
• Sundance Vacations Instagram
• Sundance Vacations YouTube