A little birdie told us that school is officially out and the summer holiday is in full swing! Summer break is an essential time for kiddos and teenagers to unwind and let loose before returning to school in the fall. It’s also the perfect opportunity to spend quality time as a family, and is there really any better place for families to vacation than Walt Disney World? If you want to make this upcoming summer vacation unforgettable, check out everything new happening in Disney this summer!
If you’re a first time Disney goer, Sundance Vacations is here to make sure that your trip is extra special. Each ride, show, and restaurant in Walt Disney World has its own unique charm, but there are just some that first-time visitors absolutely MUST experience!
- Space Mountain: an interstellar adventure through the starry night sky. This high-speed coaster is sure to leave you with butterflies in your stomach.
- “it’s a small word”: a classic Disney World staple. This lazy boat ride will transport you through different cultures and its catchy tune will be stuck in your head all day.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: A breezy boat ride through the Caribbean with an unexpected drop and fun animatronic shenanigans. Many fans are fond of the smell of this ride.
- The Haunted Mansion: Hop aboard a doom-buggy and learn the mysterious lore of a bride betrayed by a jealous rival. Beware, a ghost may follow you home!
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor: Join your monster friend, Mike Wazowski, for a side-splitting comedy show that’ll leave you in stitches. You may even be called upon to provide a joke of your own!
- Enchanted Tiki Room: Step into a tropical paradise filled with vibrant colors and exotic singing birds! Enjoy a Polynesian audio-animatronic show unlike any other.
- Country Bear Jamboree: This entertaining animatronic animal show opened in Magic Kingdom in 1971 and is still standing (and singing) strong. Pop into Grizzly Hall for a bear-y good time!
- Mickey’s PhilHarmagic: Follow Donald Duck on this whirlwind of a 3D adventure. Part show and part concert, sing along to several songs from your favorite Disney movies.
Table Service Restaurants
- Crystal Palace: This is both a delicious buffet and a meet-and-greet with Winnie the Pooh and friends! Buffet offerings include country friend chicken, carved prime rib, seasonal vegetables, seasonal ravioli, and much more.
- Liberty Tree Tavern: Enjoy a massive Thanksgiving feast when visiting Liberty Tree Tavern. The all-you-care-to-enjoy bill of fare includes roasted turkey, pot roast, pork, mashed potatoes, stuffing, macaroni and cheese, and seasonal vegetables—and that’s just the main course!
- Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen: If you want something other than typical American fare, Skipper Canteen offers African, Asian, and Latin fusion! Lamb chops, Siu pork, and curried vegetable stew are only some of the tasty options on the menu!
Counter Service Restaurants
- Pinocchio Village Haus: Pinocchio Village Haus is a cozy little restaurant that overlooks the boats sailing by on “it’s a small world.” Their delicious flatbread specialties include margherita flatbread, cheese flatbread, and pepperoni flatbread!
- Casey’s Corner: If you’re looking for classic American favorites like hotdogs and French fries, Casey’s Corner is the place for you. Enjoy a chili-cheese foot-long and some corn dog nuggets while listening to Casey’s Corner’s pianist.
- Columbia Harbour House: Comforting seafood favorites is what Columbia Harbour House bring to the table. Literally. Buttery grilled salmon and a tender chilled lobster roll are two of our favorite New England-inspired menu options.
If you’re a Walt Disney World masterful mouse expert, you probably knew about all the fantastic rides and dining options mentioned above, but did you know about these exciting upcoming events and additions to the park? Prepare for a summer filled with lots of laughs and lots of thrills!
If you plan on visiting within the next three weeks, you’re in luck! EPCOT’s International Flower and Garden Festival will still be in bloom until July 5th. If you’d like to read more about the vibrant floral displays, unique food stalls, and musical performances, be sure to check out our post Celebrate 100 Years of Disney Magic. After the Flower and Garden Festival ends, EPCOT’s International Food and Wine Festival begins! You can attend this popular festival beginning on July 27th until November 18th.
Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean we can’t get a little spooky! Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party returns on August 11th and will be lurking in Magic Kingdom until November 1st. This after-hours extravaganza will offer limited edition Halloween themed snacks, merchandise, and character experiences. One of the best parts? You and your party can dress up in your best creepy or silly costume and join your favorite characters around the park! Tickets for this special event are now on sale.
In 2022, Disney World introduced World Princess Week into the parks, a week filled with dance parties, beautifully crafted paper crowns, and flavorful food and drink specials inspired by your favorite Disney princesses. The Disney company will also be inviting Make-a-Wish children from across the country to join the “Once Upon a Wish Party.” You can participate in this week of magical fun from August 20th to August 26th. More details are to be announced closer to the event dates.
Plan your visit to Disney with Sundance Vacations! We have tons of highly rated resorts in and around Orlando, but a favorite of visitors is the Grande Villas Resort. This resort is your very own slice of tropical paradise, just minutes from all the world-class attractions found in Orlando, Florida.
For more information, updates, travel tips and news from Sundance Vacations, be sure to follow us on the following social media outlets: