Bring in the New Year where dreams come true!
Last year we highlighted Las Vegas, but this year we want to go to where dreams come true! Disney World!
Whether you want to be in the busy Magic Kingdom or in a more relaxed surrounding, celebrating New Year’s Eves in Disney will be a memory you’ll never forget!
New Year’s Eve at Walt Disney World Resort
New Year’s Eve Dinner at the World Show Place Pavilion
Start the festivities at the World Show Place Restaurant in Epcot, where a special New Year’s Eve buffet awaits! It will be a pre-set holiday menu, so that will be one less thing you have to worry about!
While enjoying dinner you’ll be able to listen to classic Disney tunes, and then have a unique vignettes photo op for a fun commemorating occasion.
New Year’s Eve Dining
Directed towards the older crowd, join friends and family at the Walt Disney World Resort for some drinks and dinner!
Raise spirits high as you clink glasses, reminisce about the past and welcome the new adventures of 2018! Share a fantastic feast with friends and family on New Year’s Eve at any of these participating dining locations:
- California Grill
- Chef Mickey’s
- Garden Grove
- II Mulino
- Monsieur Paul
- Shula’s Steak House
- Todd English’s bluezoo Lounge
- Victoria & Albert’s
- Victoria & Albert’s Chef’s Table
New Year’s Eve at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
This year, you can take your pick from a trio of unforgettable events at this Magic Kingdom with a duo of options just for adults, and ones for the whole family:
- Disney Countdown to Midnight– This elegant adults-only experience is full of dining, live music and a spectacular fireworks display at the California Grill. This event will have a dress code, all-you-care-to-enjoy dining, complimentary bar and unlimited wine by the glass featuring the “best of the best” bites and wine pairings from some of Disney’s top restaurants. In addition to free flowing food and beverages, guests are also entertained by several characters including Mickey and Minnie. With the evening focused on wine and fireworks at midnight from the Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary’s superb location and make this an ideal spot to catch those.
- Down In New Orleans: A Disney New Year’s Eve Dining Experience– Inspired by The Princess and the Frog, you’ll get to enjoy a taste of New Orleans during a festive feast! This is an adults-only event, and Disney refers to this Princess and the Frog inspired evening as “unforgettable.” Your evening will include fine dining, jazz, live music, and a reserved spot to watch the nighttime fireworks at Magic Kingdom.
- Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration– Surrounded by Pixar-themed vignettes and backdrops, you’ll be immersed in the magic of popular Disney·Pixar films during this family-friendly holiday event! Spend the night with DJ and dancing, and when it comes time for fireworks you’ll be able to watch those from the Porte Cochere at the front of the Contemporary Resort.
Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks
The Magic Kingdom Park is the place to see the “Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks,” a spectacular midnight frenzy of color and light. This is scheduled at 6:30 pm and 11:50 p.m. on Dec. 30 and 31 in 2017. This spectacular fireworks show is one of the best shown at the Magic Kingdom.
Frontierland New Year’s Celebration Dance Party
Looking to dance away the night?
The Frontierland DJ will have you on your feet both December 30 and December 31, 2017 beginning at 7:00 PM until the close of Magic Kingdom Park!
Epcot won’t be short on the celebrations either!
Epcot shows Illuminations twice on New Year’s Eve, with the earlier showing having the holiday “Peace on Earth” finale, and the second showing being the New Year’s Eve version. The Peace on Earth finale is good, but you won’t want to miss the New Year’s Eve finale.
Some say the fireworks are so intense that you might consider wearing sunglasses and earplugs while watching!
New Year’s Countdown Fireworks
Checkout some unforgettable showcase to experience alongside friends and family, and all part of a one-night New Year’s Eve celebration starting at 11:40 PM, only on December 31, 2017!
Epcot New Year’s Eve Parties
Looking to dance while checking out the fireworks? Embark on a globe-trotting New Year’s Eve adventure across Epcot! Simply follow the beat to all the fun, as DJs spin tunes and get you into the groove at locations like the Future World Fountain Stage and the American Garden Stage only on December 31, 2017!
New Year’s Eve Dance Party at Center Stage
This year, guests visiting Hollywood Studios will be treated to 2 nighttime shows: Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM and Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular.
After a park-wide midnight countdown to the new year, stick around for a special presentation of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular before celebrating the arrival of 2018 in style, as the DJ returns and rounds out the night of revelry ‘til 1:00 AM! This will be the first time they are doing this too!
Christmas magic in the most magical place in the world!
If you’re looking to avoid a park on New Year’s Eve but you still want to party Disney-style, Disney Springs will have live music and plenty of spots to grab a drink. Like the parks, though, this will be a popular spot, so if you are staying at a Disney resort plan to use Disney Transportation or take a Taxi/Uber to avoid traffic congestion in and around Disney Springs.
Interested in going to Florida? Check out our Orlando Properties!
If you happened to book a Christmas Trip that extends through the New Year, or you just came out for the New Year you’ll get to experience celebrations that only happen at the Magic Kingdom!
For more information, updates, travel tips and news from Sundance Vacations, be sure to follow us on the following social media outlets: