Despite travel falling as the largest target for fraud, the industry still deals with it on a daily basis with thousands of people ending up being the victims of credit card fraud. In order to prevent fraud from happening to you while you are on vacation, we put together a researched list of tips that can help you avoid credit card fraud:
- Use only one credit card while traveling.
- Keep a second one close by but in a safe place just in case the card you are using gets stolen.
- Keep all receipts!
- Check your credit card statements daily (even when you get home too!)
- Verfiy every purchase or charge made on your card.
- If you become the victim of credit card fraud, call the credit card issuer immediately! You most likely will not be held responsible for the attack.
The most important thing is to know what is being charged at all times and to verify those purchases. The sooner you know that fraud was committed the faster you can prevent any more fraudulent charges from happening.
For more information, updates, travel tips and news from Sundance Vacations, be sure to follow us on the following social media outlets:
- Sundance Vacations Facebook
- Sundance Vacations Twitter
- Sundance Vacations Instagram
- Sundance Vacations YouTube